Monday, January 14, 2013

Back from Leadership!

Wow, what a weekend!  What a journey!!  My day started on Thursday with a 4:15 a.m. alarm!  Yikes, that's early!  But ... I'd been awake for an hour already ... so excited!  The car came to pick Marilyn (my upline) and I up at 5 a.m. and we were off! 

We arrived in Orlando midday on Thursday to 80° sunny weather!  That proved to be challenging in our uphill walk over the highway to Convention Center!  Wow again!  What a huge place!!  The weather stayed nice for the entire time -- sun, stars, people by the pool in the hotel. (Not me!  We didn't have a moment of down-time!)  I returned home yesterday (Sunday) -- the taxi was waiting downstairs for Marilyn and I at 3:45 AM!  Next time I need to plan in some down-time!!  At least it's sunny here, but it's unfortunately not even 50° here in Boston today!

I wanted to share a couple of photos with you:

 Here's Shelli Gardner -- doesn't she look fabulous?!  And she didn't even feel well!! 


It was very dark here, but this is me in my pj's at the Stampin' Under the Stars Pajama Party.  I won a give-away of the Ciao Baby! stamp set and the adorable matching punch!  Yay!  By the time the event was over, I had added 5 pounds of give-aways to my suitcase on my return trip!!  WOW!


I met people this week. Old friends, and now new friends who will probably become good friends! We laughed, cried, learned, shared ... What an amazing experience.  And all this to make me a better demonstrator for YOU! One of the classes I attended was Ramping Up Your Social Media Presence by Andrea Withers.  She had 3 fabulous speakers share all sorts of great information that should help me share with you!  Blogging (that's why I'm back and will continue to be regular!), FaceBook (what a fantastic tool), and YouTube (where you'll probably find a tutorial on how to search YouTube for a tutorial! LOL!) 

I hope to share some swaps soon. (I brought 130 and came home with an almost equal number!  Fabulous full cards and card fronts that I hope to share with you in the coming weeks!)  If you're a customer and live nearby, feel free to stop by this Wednesday night to check out my swaps!  I'll be here, prepping for next week's card class:  Winter Fun, featuring the Snow Much Fun and Stylin' Snow Folks stamp sets.  Stay tuned!

Jeannie

No comments: